- Regular Expressions and replaceAll
Revisting the lowly replaceAll with its hidden power of regular expressions!
- Executors in Java
A brief introduction to Executors and the java.util.concurrent package.
- Naming a Workspace in Eclipse
A stupid Eclipse trick to give your workspace a name
- Levenshteins' Edit Distance as a Fuzzy String Match
Continuing the fuzzy string match quest, this time with Levenshteins' Edit Distance.
- Overview of the Six Week Solution
The complete chapter 4 from Agile Development & Business Goals where the entire six-week development cycle and the compensation concepts are revealed.
- Agile Development and Compensation
How can the often overlooked compensation for success when using Agile Software Development methods be addressed?
- Overriding default sequence generation with JPA
Inserting records into a database with a sequence number, most of the time it's acceptable to use the default sequence. But what if you need to do something special? The default approach fails and I explain how to override a default sequence with your own custom approach.
- Simple Fuzzy String Similarity in Java
Java has equals(), but what if you need to know if one string is "close" to another?